Book An Appointment
07950 444 700
After Care Advice
After a treatment your body might show some of the following reactions:
* stiffness, aching muscles, tiredness
* frequent visits to the toilet, this allows your body to get rid of waste
* runny nose / coughing, this allows your body to get rid of toxins
* your body is in a repairing phase and might take some time to re-adjust.
These reactions should clear in the next 24-48 hours. In order to continue enjoying the treatment you just had, your therapist would like to suggest a few points.
1. Have a heavy meal after a treatment - allow 4-6 hours. Your body is in a healing state and is thus resting - massage stimulates the digestive system and therefore might make you feel nauseous.
2. Drink a lot of caffeine drinks (tea, coffee, red bull) or stimulants - allow 12-24 hours. Alcohol might cause dehydration.
3. Smoke - allow 12-24 hours.
4. Rush around - exercise vigorously - allow a few hours. This will limit the effects of the massage.
5. Ignore your body's messages. You might feel faint, tired and / or thirsty.
1. Relax for a while after a treatment. Have a bath to continue the relaxation process or listen to soft relaxing music.
2. Give feedback to the therapist about the treatment.
3. Wrap up warmly. You might feel cold after a treatment.
4. Take care when driving home as your reflexes might be slower. You may feel faint or tired.
5. Drink plenty of water, fruit juice or herbal teas. Your body might have been drained of lymphatic waste and toxins which may result in being thirsty and the water will help flush all the waste and toxins away. Water will help the detoxifying process and to re hydrate your body.
6. Pay attention to general posture. Sitting and walking up straight is of importance.
7. Have a nap or rest if you can - it will make the muscles relax and make the massage last longer.
Regular massage treatments are highly recommended, for maximum and long lasting health benefits.
We have at Advance Beauty & Skin Specialist a number of massage treatments available, from Aromatherapy Indian head massage holistic and Swedish just call our salon in Bournemouth Dorset to arrange an appointment.